Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Contest Entry Ready!

I went ahead and got my contest submission ready. I had to print 3 copies of my 25 page excerpt, and I ran out of paper! So my wonderful husband actually went out and 9:00 pm and got some paper from the grocery store. Thank God for grocery stores that stock computer paper! And Thank God for my husband, Chuck!

(All that and he's good-looking too! And don't even get me started on how cute he is with our daughter!)

So I have the thing all sealed up and ready to pop in the mail tomorrow. Why did I go through so much trouble? Well, it would be nice to have SOMETHING in my bio besides somewhat embarrassing nonfiction pubs. ("Uncle John's Bathroom Reader". I kid you not.) And the top three entries in the SF/F categories goes to an acquisitions editor at Tor.

I won't ask for luck wishes, because I don't think luck counts for much in contests like these. Unless I get lucky with my manuscript landing in the lap of someone who likes this kind of story!

Now maybe tomorrow I'll actually get a chance to visit everyone's blogs! I think I'm going to assign tomorrow as Official Goof-Off Online Night!

5 comments:

  1. And it's in the mail, a full day ahead of deadline! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! And ain't it great to have a supportive husband? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what to wish instead of luck, so... good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are a spammer, your comment will be removed, so please don't bother.