Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Science Fiction Western Done!

After abandoning two storylines, I finished the first draft of my science fiction western. I didn't want it to turn into a bloodbath, like many westerns do, yet I wanted a fitting way for my boys to deal with the "gangers" as I call them in the story. I needed a storyline that:
  • focused on the brothers, Ty and Joel.
  • gave needed backstory through Grandpa's ramblings about the good old days.
  • dealt with the gang in a non-violent way. I want to be able to submit this to family-friendly magazines, like Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show.
It needs considerable polish. Right now it's just over 4000 words.

Now I need to flush this voice out of my head and return to my Jane Austen voice for Starcaster. It may take a Jane Austen movie or two to do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a spammer, your comment will be removed, so please don't bother.